Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Ending hunger and preventing homelessness requires all possible helping hands, but most volunteer opportunities are not suited to children and have minimum age requirements for safety and other reasons. Most of our volunteers are adults.
Depending on the tasks, sometimes ages 16 and up are able to volunteer, and in some programs, ages 12 and up can volunteer alongside a parent (individual volunteer applications are still required for both). All individual opportunities list age requirements. In addition, children younger than 18, require a parent signature.
Providing opportunities for youth to take meaningful action in their community.
- Scheduled youth volunteer programming at MOM on several weekends throughout the year for children/families (kids ages 4K-Middle School)
- Special opportunities for youth at MOM events
Stay in the loop! We'll email as opportunities become available.
MOM Squad 2018 Weekend Program Dates
March 10, 2018 - Canstruction Theme (**FILLED**)- Register here
August 26, 2018 - Join us in promoting MOM in the GNF Parade
October 20, 2017 - Diaper Drives & Thanksgiving Cards
December TBA - Assist at Creating for Causes event
MOM Squad weekend events are designed to: teach about the importance of service, meaningfully participate in a service activity, receive information about opportunities in which they can participate outside of the event, and learn about MOM.
The program is geared towards Elementary and Middle School-aged students. Children ages 9 and up may attend without an adult. We always welcome families and adults!
The program has a maximum of 20 participants. Waivers will need to be signed by parents/chaperones and will be provided at the event.
Registration form MUST be filled out by the Parent/Legal Guardian of the child attending, even if it is not the parent who is bringing the child to the event.
Each date will feature different activities and may be at different locations. Children may sign up for one, or for many!
Here are some other ways to get involved, great for all ages:
- Organize a food or clothing drive and bring the items in to MOM. Look at the Top Ten Needs list for ideas
- Plant a garden or a row in your garden for MOM, then donate the produce to MOM’s food pantry
- Host a lemonade stand for MOM, and donate the proceeds. Other creative ideas include backyard movie nights, paper airplane flying contests, and more.
Please correct the validation errors above.