Middleton Outreach Ministry (MOM) is seeking qualified Executive Director candidates who are energetic leaders and passionate about their work and communities. MOM works diligently to end hunger and prevent homelessness for neighbors in West Madison, Middleton and Cross Plains, through progressive food programs, case management, and housing assistance. MOM hosts one of the largest food pantries in Dane County.
Our full-time Executive Director, reporting to the Board of Directors, balances multiple leadership roles while serving as the organization’s Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will be able to generate engagement and motivation for all stakeholders, including community partners, donors, MOM staff, volunteers and the Board of Directors. In addition, ideal candidates will have the skill to regularly weave among community relations work, strategic planning, program development, fundraising and administrative management in a compassionate and productive manner.
Because of the complexities of the role, the responsibilities of our Executive Director cannot be effectively communicated in just a job positing. Candidates who are invited to interview will be provided with a detailed job description. Key responsibilities and qualifications of the role are:
- Oversight of the day-to-day operations, administration and the organization’s facility to ensure continued operations. The people are what make MOM great. You should be able to inspire those with whom you work: employees, volunteers, board members and donors. You need to be comfortable managing people and providing regular guidance and feedback. Care of the buildings and grounds are also important, so ensuring that our facilities are well-maintained is a must.
- Liaise with the Board of Directors to develop strategic initiatives, funding goals, budgets and the annual report. The vitality of MOM’s operations is grounded in strategic planning and rigorous financial management. You should possess the ability to work with staff and the Board to develop strategic plans, operational budgets and financial reports.
- Serve as a subject expert on the services and programs offered by MOM to the community. For MOM’s work to be successful, strong programs and effective communication are key. You need to be articulate and persuasive, consistently presenting a strong and positive image. You should be able to attract positive media attention and educate the public about MOM’s programs and services.
- Maintain an active profile in the community and to educate and bring positive attention to MOM. You will be the face of MOM in our community. Moreover, an organization can only prosper when it has the funding to do so. You will work with the Director of Development to increase fund development activities as well as work with the staff on building partnerships and cultivating donor relationships. This role requires the ability to manage existing relationships and building even stronger collaborative relationships with various funders, community members and organizations to support MOM’s mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, operations, non-profit leadership or similar field.
- Seven or more years of applicable experience working in the non-profit industry or related field.
- Experience leading teams comprised of a diverse group of individuals that provides services to individuals with vastly different backgrounds.
- Experience working with current and evolving trends in charitable giving, including the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts and planned giving.
- Comprehensive knowledge of community funding sources, with the ability to distinguish, identify and secure new funding opportunities.
- Key traits such as professionalism, adaptability, dependability and confidentiality are all required.
- Knowledge of basic business finance such as budgeting, cash flow and planning.
- Excellent communication skills that include writing, speaking and the ability to adapt your communication style to fit the situation and audience.
- Strong organizational skills are required in order to implement systems, follow-up processes and manage multiple people and projects.
- Possession of strong analytical, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to be highly self-motivated, work collaboratively and independently to achieve goals.
- Ability to establish and cultivate meaningful relationships throughout our diverse community.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, demonstrated computer and software skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
- Ability to travel within Wisconsin as necessary; must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and proof of personal auto liability insurance meeting Wisconsin’s minimum requirements.
- Ability to provide visionary leadership through innovative ideas.
If you have the experience and leadership required to continue MOM’s mission of building a healthier, strong community, we look forward to hearing from you. The deadline to apply for this posting is August 7, 2017 at 5PM. Please send your resume with a cover letter including salary requirements, to email@example.com. This position is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check including E-Verify.
Please correct the validation errors above.